Organization members are essential partners in Children’s Alliance advocacy for kids. We are stronger together!
In the 2013 legislative session, we used our collective strength to overcome tremendous obstacles to protect Apple Health for Kids, expand the Early Childhood Education & Assistance Program, strengthen child care and home visiting programs, and restore a portion of a cut to the State Food Assistance Program.
At Children’s Alliance we know our strength lies in membership: member-powered advocacy helps policymakers understand what’s really at stake for kids and their families. And a broad, statewide membership is the only way to show our policymakers that kids and families must be a public policy priority.
Here are 10 reasons to become a member and to encourage your colleagues in other organizations to join:
- A focus on ending disparities: We are guided by improving policy and outcomes for low income children and children of color.
- A voice for kids in Olympia: Our lobbyist’s only special interest is the well-being of children in Washington.
- Information: We have a robust online advocacy system. We publish a blog, No Kidding!, and reports from KIDS COUNT in Washington on how policies affect children and the organizations that serve them. Our information is timely, accurate, and easy to understand.
- Training: We provide staff and volunteers from member organizations discounted tuition for our renowned Advocacy Camp annual training.
- Events: Have A Heart for Kids Day in Olympia and other lobby days for kids.
- Coalitions: We are stronger together! The Children's Alliance supports several statewide coalitions to draw in more voices for kids.
- Advocacy works! By joining us you're connecting to one of the leading child advocacy groups in the nation and joining forces with our incredible array of member organizations.
- Member Power! Children's Alliance members are eligible to serve on our Public Policy Council and Board of Directors. We regularly seek member advice and expertise on where to focus our energies for kids.
- Policy matters! A ‘yes’ or ‘no’ vote in Olympia makes a huge difference for tens of thousands of children across our state.
- 1,600,000 children in Washington need your voice.