17 lawmakers recognized for leadership to improve the well-being of vulnerable children.
Four out of 10 children in our state use Apple Health for Kids to see a doctor, dentist or other medical professional. Click here to see how many children are enrolled in Apple Health for Kids in each of Washington’s 39 counties.
Our 2012 legislative agenda calls on lawmakers to:
- Protect Apple Health for Kids and State Food Assistance;
- Reject further budget cuts that hurt low-income families and children of color;
- Improve health with a licensed dental practitioner;
- Close the opportunity gap with early learning;
- Raise revenue to protect our future.
Download and print our 2012 legislative agenda.
On Dec. 2, 2011, Children's Alliance gathered hundreds across the state on Capitol steps to issue a statement to lawmakers signed by Washington's kids.
Read our Proclamation by the Children of Washington State: For Us, By Us, For Our Future.
The State of Washington’s Children 2012 is a broad review of how Washington’s 1.5 million kids are faring in tough times. The report is issued by KIDS COUNT in Washington, a new partnership between Children’s Alliance and the Washington State Budget & Policy Center.
The Children's Alliance 2009 Legislative Agenda lays out our top priorities in this tough legislative session.