This event is free and includes lunch. Children are welcome and encouraged to participate. Children must come with an adult who is responsible for them throughout the event.
Have a Heart for Kids Day is at the United Churches of Olympia and the Washington State Capitol.
Buses are available from Spokane, Vancouver and from Seattle/South King County/Tacoma. You can reserve a seat on the bus when you register. Buses often fill up, so reserve your seat as soon as possible.
The day features:
- Advocacy training for new advocates;
- Briefing on the priorities of our 2018 Legislative Agenda;
- Kid and youth-led march to the Capitol;
- Rally on the Capitol steps with our partners at the Washington State Association of Head Start and ECEAP;
- Opportunities to meet with your elected representatives.
- Expand eligibility for high-quality pre-K;
- Increase family and community health and access to quality, affordable health care;
- Protect our commitment to Apple Health for Kids;
- Ensure ample revenue to support kids and families.
Here is more information about the day:
- Instructions for setting up appointments with your legislators (PDF).
- Here's how to hold an effective meeting with your elected representative;
- Draft schedule of the day's activities (PDF).
- Our legislative agenda: in English and in Spanish.
- Download and share a flyer (PDF).
If you are coming to Have a Heart for Kids Day with a group and would like to request support making your legislative appointments or an advocacy or issue briefing in advance, please contact Emijah Smith at (206) 324-0340 ext. 25 or Emijah@childrensalliance.org.