We believe in the potential of every child. Poverty and racism erode kids’ opportunities. Our 2019 legislative agenda (PDF) reflects smart public policies that remove barriers and create opportunity—so all kids can thrive.
Early Learning to Help Kids Succeed: More infants, toddlers and preschool-age children should have the quality experiences that set them up for success in school.
- Invest in affordable, quality child care for infants and toddlers through Working Connections Child Care, ensuring providers have the resources to deliver high-quality care to children at this prime age.
- Expand quality pre-kindergarten through the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) for preschool-age children.
- Build and maintain a racially and ethnically diverse workforce of preschool teachers.
Health Care for Kids and Families: When parents have access to health care, children do better in school and in life.
- Expand dental therapy to bring urgently needed oral health care to kids and families statewide.
- Include dental coverage in the COFA (Compact of Free Association) Islander Health Care program.
Revenue to Invest in Kids: Investments in the well-being of our youngest generation create a brighter future for us all.
- Close wasteful tax breaks and adopt new sources of revenue.
Get a PDF copy of our 2019 legislative agenda.